CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9.54 and RAC

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.54 and RAC
From: Mike Walker <va3mw@rac.ca> (Mike Walker)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 08:47:44 -0500
Ken

We found some quirks with the 9.54 and the RAC contest.

Band changes had problems with an IC-756 (running under IC-775).  Mode
changes at the radio end did not cause a mode change in CT.

On the other station, the radio would not accept changes from CT (Kenwood
TS-450).  But, it would read the VFO if tuned.

9.54 did fix a problem with 6M.  I couldn't get to 6 on 6.53 (I think), but
on 6.54 it worked fine.  I did log a contact on 52.525 (which is valid for
this contest), but CT would not let me log the call until I moved the VFO
to the bottom of the band.  I kept getting an out of band warning.

I love the Multiplier Map.  Worked great and we where able to add VY0, but
editing the RAC.DAT file.  Also, we did not experience any station computer
hangs that we have seen in the past.  This may have been related to
hardware but we aren't sure.

Many thanks for all the time and effort for adding this contest and Happy
New Year to all.

73... Mike VA3MW
New Home address:   mailto:mike.walker@home.com
http://members.home.net/mwalker3
CLX Cluster:  telnet://va3mw.homeip.net:41112
CLX Cluster 145.01 va3mw-7 Toronto Area