CT-User

[ct-user] wpx numbering

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] wpx numbering
From: Robert Morris" <rsmorris@worldnet.att.net (Robert Morris)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:18:26 -0400
Hi Rick and others,

Operated M/M in the SSB CQWPX. Just like last year, at some point the serial
numbers went nuts this year.
Seemed to affect the low bands where the QSO count was lower. Do not have
the specifics on when/how much things changed as I am in Tampa, FL. Do
remember last year it happened on Sunday afternoon. The low bands went to
the 20M serial number I think.. Maybe something in the feature where the
program syncs the numbers?? Sure do not know why it does it, but shakes up
the ops! Last year we kept a paper log of program serial number vs what it
should have been on some bands. Think at some post contest point a "PY" came
up with a fix if the logs were merged and run with this option.  Hope it did
not screw up too many folks with our transmitted number.

Think Dan said something along the same lines after this years operation
from KL7Y.

Bottom line is the problem is still there.

Guess we could take the position that we just give out the number shown, the
QSO count in the Summary window is still correct and the contest is still
scored correctly, I think. It does shake folks up when you give them #1734
on 75 or more so on 160 on Sunday evening!

Fix for it?
Take care
73/Bob