CT-User

[ct-user] Re: 9.63 Bug Report

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: 9.63 Bug Report
From: KEN SILVERMAN" <k2kw@prodigy.net (KEN SILVERMAN)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:05:40 -0700
At the W6R Paso Robles, CA  Field Day ( 2A class), we had the same problems
that others have reported (all small glitches).  No major crashes.  We were
networked with 9.63 Beta.

> The only other problem that we ran into was a couple (2) of machines did
> not like 9.63, but did not mind 9.58, so we ran .58 on two machines. I
> think it was a boarder line memory issue.

We had an old 386 that was running OK with 9.43 or something, but wouldnt
load 9.63.  It also appeares to be a memory issue.

>This morning I was asked how
> to get rid of the black bar at the bottom of the screen.
>I simply exited
> and restarted and the problem never reappeared.

We had the same black bar at the bottom of the screen.  I didn't find any
series of keystrokes to get rid of it.  We did not restart the machine...

> If I had a wish, it would be that the bands display could be
> customizable from a config file of sorts, so I wouldn't have to deal
> with 160, the Novice bands, and the VHF/UHF bands which seemed to slow
> things down a great deal as we were using a 386SX/20 for logging.

While I would also vote for a configurable bands display for FD (and other
contests as well!), its for a different reason.  Depending on how you set up
your laptop, the band window in CT is so big for FD, it won't fit on the
screen, or covers up too much of other windows.  This is even true in the
VGA mode.

>the report was changed
> after the return key was pressed. The line looked
> like this prior to hitting return:
> K3CT   1D   EPA
> but looked like this after return was pressed:
> K3CT  1    EPA

This happened to us also, and was random.  I think it occurred a few times
on USA stations too.

Kenny K2KW