CT-User

[ct-user] RE: [1000mp] FT1000MP radio control problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RE: [1000mp] FT1000MP radio control problem
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:28:06 -0400
Bob,

I'm sure you've done it already, but check that the cables between the
radios and PCs are firmly in place. Maybe your banging on the table caused
them to fall out of the jacks.

If absolutely nothing else has changed in the configuration, it's possible
that there's been some lightning damage. We've had a few powerful storms
here in NE the past few weeks. Despite an elaborate protection system, I
lost a few items: a modem on my wife's computer (I neglected to run the
phone line through a surge suppressor), a couple of CMOS ICs in my homebrew
2-radio antenna switch interface, a darlington transistor array in a TopTen
decoder [I'm still trying to figure out how those items got fried -- they
should have been well-protected.] I also lost my CD player, but that could
be due to other caused (it's been back to the factory three times.) My DVD
player's CPU got scrambled and needed a reset, but I'm not sure on the cause
of that either. However, neither my 1000mp nor my 1000D shows any sign of
damage.

Does either computer have a modem attached to an unprotected phone line?

73, Dick WC1M