CT-User

[ct-user] Installing 9.64

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Installing 9.64
From: k6acz@earthlink.net (Alan C. Zack)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:33:44 -0700
I am by no means an CT expert but by experience with CT since 1986 I've
learned that is why the instructions say the latest EXE file is not a stand
alone program and must be installed in the same folder with your original
files supplied on the disks when you bought CT.  This will wipe out the
previous version of CT.EXE.  In my case, just before I download the latest
version I rename my current installed version to it's version name.  They are
all just named CT.EXE files so I just renamed it to CT964.EXE when I was
ready to download version 9.65, otherwise the CT965.EXE file would have
overwritten the CT964.EXE file.  Why?  Just in case the latest version won't
work for me for some reason, I can can easily go back to the previous
version.  Just a little insurance on my part.  I also download the latest
MASTER and CTY files at the same time (If they have changed).
CTWIN 9.63 worked great for me in the IARU.  I have a separate folder for CT
and CTWIN files.  I just dragged my CONTEST.BIN folder from the CTWIN folder
to the CT folder so I would have a Cabrillo report.
Hope this answers your question.
GL & 73

Kenneth Blair wrote:

> I downloaded v. 9.64 to upgrade from v.9.54.004 in order to get the
> Cabrillo conversion for the IARU Contest, not realizing that my older
> version did not convert to Cabrillo for the IARU contest.
>
> I get the opening screen ok, and filled it out with call, name, address,
> etc., but when I go to the next screen the following message appears:
>
> CT: C:\CT964\SEC.DAT not found!
>
> I checked and "sec.dat" is among the many files listed under my "CT"
> program. So how do I get past the "error" message and complete the
> installation of v. 9.64? Help will be appreciated.
>
> Ken Blair KCØGL
>
> --
> WWW:                      http://www.k1ea.com/
> Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com