CT-User

[ct-user] key mapping?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] key mapping?
From: k5zm@home.com (k5zm)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 17:59:01 -0000
Hi all...

I'm CT newbie. I'm one of Tree's neighbours and am thus TR born and bred.
However, as I continue to 'market myself' as a guest op/hired gun, I felt it
was reasonable to become fluent in both programs. Seems the number of CT
guys increases the further South and East I go!

I just got back from W4KZ where I was part of the WW m/m bash. Rick uses CT
and this was my *very* first time on it. Thankfully it was the 'phone 'test.
I have a question for the cw 'tests: How easy/hard is it to remap the <+>
and <insert> keys? My PED program has a feature called the '6Y4A keys'
wherein one makes use of the <;> and <'> keys. I'd like to do that for CT
for cw 'tests.

It's quite possible I'm missing something here, but why would one *want* to
use <+> and <insert>?? Seems far from intuitive. No offense meant here,
remember: my skills are in TR: 'just hit enter'!

73,

Ian, K5ZM
--
Got CW?