CT-User

[ct-user] CT with Ten Tec Omni VI+?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT with Ten Tec Omni VI+?
From: larryj@teleport.com (Larry Johnson)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:07:18 -0800
I'm trying to use CT V9 (got the latest version off the web site just
before CQWW Phone) with my TenTec Omni VI+, and not having much success.
In an older version, I can get it to either read my frequency from the
radio, or to be able to key in the frequency in the Callsign field in
CT, but not at the same time. Depending on the Omni VI option menu
choices, one works but not both. I've tried a new computer (three of
them) and now I can't seem to get them to work at all with the Omni VI.
I've tried telling CT that I'm using an ICOM 735 (and using my CT-17 to
the Omni SPORT interface Jack), I've made up the 3-conductor (only)
serial cable to go to the DB-25 on the Omni, I've tried Windows
(rebooted to DOS) and older DOS-only PC's, and still no go. The main
competition Contest Logging program to CT works great with this radio,
with either interface, and all features seem to work properly. I hoped
to get it going before the CQWW CW, but doesn't look promising. Any
suggestions from you TenTec Omni VI+ users?

73,

Larry Johnson K7LJ