CT-User

[ct-user] CT-DOS 9.77 mode changes when band changed

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT-DOS 9.77 mode changes when band changed
From: n0nb@networksplus.net (Nate Bargmann)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 19:37:08 -0500
* JohnEvans <jvevans@mail.his.com> [2002 Jul 14 19:30 -0500]:
> Nate,
>         I had a similar problem, and could not figure how to get back from
> CW to SSB! There seems to be no command for this. I reloaded the program
> twice, and made sure I had selected SSB as the mode in the set up. However,
> it always returned to the state it had been left in (for CW). It seems to me
> that it should not allow you to switch to CW (either intentionally or
> otherwise) once you have selected SSB as your mode of operation.
>
> Regards, John, N3HBX.

Well, John (hey we worked you several times, at least I did--K0RH), I
had selected Mixed mode and the first time I encountered the problem, CT
would not change modes.  I finally hit F11 (Ctrl-W) and then I could
change modes at will.  This seemed to be a one time glitch after the
program was started.  However, the mode *always* changed upon a band
change in CT.  Since we didn't have a rig connected, I don't know
whether changing bands on the rig would have avoided the problem.

I think, though, that what you experienced when selecting either SSB or
CW would be the correct behavior, given that an op wanting to do single
mode wouldn't want to accidentally score half the log as Mixed.

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and