CT-User

[ct-user] Recording With DVP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Recording With DVP
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:24:03 -0400
At 11:32 PM 10/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Good evening to all,
>
>I'm using CT and have a DVP card in the computer.  I have recorded my CQ and
>Exchange messages with no problem.  I would like to know how to record the
>alphabet phonetically, letter by letter, so I can use another feature of the
>program.  I'm not able to find any instructions in ASCII format explaining
>this procedure.
>
>Thank you for any information and good luck in the contest.  Remember this
>is a hobby and enjoy it.

I believe that there were instructions in the CT 8 manual, if you can find
one.  That voicing capability has proved to be very very difficult to
program so that the resulting phonetics can be understood in on-the-air
conditions.  The problem is getting the inflection right when pronouncing
each phonetic in isolation, so that they sound natural when strung
together.  Much harder than just numbers...

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower