CT-User

[ct-user] XP windows time sync problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] XP windows time sync problem
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:42:54 -0500
Windows XP is a pre-emptive multi-tasking operating system.  That means it
steals time away from some applications to give it to others.  This can
cause the clock to slow down, as you have seen.  Best to run CT under real
DOS, perhaps by installing a bootable DOS partition on the computer.  Or
you could try using the CTWIN version instead.

73 - Jim AD1C

At 02:21 PM 10/29/2002 -0500, dicso123 wrote:

>I had a  problem with CT v9.7 on a Laptop w/XP:  the program came up but
>the CT clock wouldn't stay in sync with the PC clock.  I discovered this
>problem at the last minute so I  ran CQWW using ver. 7  CT.  (I think I
>can convert the log to CT v9 using the 7to8 and 8to9 exe files on the
>website.).

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC