CT-User

[ct-user] Release 9.82

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Release 9.82
From: k1ea@contesting.com (K1EA)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:53:21 -0500
While at HC8N I did a bunch of work with radios I don't have at home.
Both CT982 and CTWIN982 are available in http://www.k1ea.com/ctvault/

This is from the release notes;

9.82

* In CTWIN, you may now add a port number to the telnet address
  For example: dxc.k1ea.com 7300
  This connects to port 7300 on dxc.k1ea.com, which is the DXSpider
  connection.  The default port is 23 (telnet), which is accepted by
many,
  but not all IP connected clusters. DXC.K1EA.COM now accepts regular
port
  23 as well as 7300.

* A lot of work was done to make sure each band remembers its mode
  and split status when changing bands. For example,
  running split on 40 sideband, jumping to a CW spot on 20, then
returning
  to split sideband on 40 should work.

* There is still work to do to save and restore RIT, XIT and filter
  settings, but I'm getting there. When jumping to a spot, CT does not
  attempt to choose a mode and sideband based on frequency. This is a
tar
  pit I'm not ready to enter.