CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9 Computer Requirements Question

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9 Computer Requirements Question
From: jpagius at yahoo.com (Joseph Agius)
Date: Wed Feb 26 21:37:59 2003
I believe the amount of memory dictates how many QSOs
you can log in any one file.  I believe that CT files
are resident in memory during normal contest logging.
With a 64K memory machine, when I open
CT, it says I have room for 73,471 contacts so I would
thin that 8 M is enough for any given contest.

However, you must consider what else is running at the
time and using up memory - mouse driver, comport
programs, etc.

I would recommend a 32M machine (if it is just for
contesting and maybe other logging)  - memory for 486
is also relatively inexpensive and most machines will
have 4 slots for memory - so 4 banks of 8 would do it.

Joe
W1TW