CT-User

[ct-user] CTWIN 9.77 BUG.

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CTWIN 9.77 BUG.
From: yv5lix at cantv.net (Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LIX)
Date: Thu Feb 27 08:11:30 2003
Hi all.

While testing CTWin 9.77 for this weekend's test I found what seems to
be a bug.

The program is being tested as DX SIDE station since I'm in Venezuela.

The problem is this, if I enter a station in any state, lets say PA and
later I enter another PA station, both are counted as multiplier, even
if it is a DUPE, and the states are counted as a new multipliers every
time they are entered, if inter PA 4 times PA is considered a new
multiplier 4 times; for example:

if my log shows the following entries

1 20 1229 W3LPL  59  PA  PA
2 20 1235 W3RYT  59  PA  PA
3 20 1236 W3LPL  59  PA -DUPE-
4 20 1245 K3DE   59  PA  PA

The summary windows looks as follows:

Summary

160     Q       S       D
80      0       0       0
40      0       0       0
20      2       3       1
15      0       0       0
10      0       0       0
all     3       4       1
     ARRL SCORE 36
  QSO's per Mult: 0.8

While it should show 3 QSOSs 1 multiplier 1 dupe and a score of 9

And the CT windows should show the following:

1 20 1229 W3LPL  59  PA
2 20 1235 W3RYT  59  PA
3 20 1236 W3LPL  59  PA -DUPE-
4 20 1245 K3DE   59  PA

The summary windows looks as follows:

Summary

160     Q       S       D
80      0       0       0
40      0       0       0
20      2       1       1
15      0       0       0
10      0       0       0
all     3       1       1
     ARRL SCORE 9
  QSO's per Mult: 3.0

Has any one noticed this bug?

As it is CTWin 9.77 can't be used during a contest since the log and the
score will be all wrong. I try different XP/processors combination with
the same results.

Does the latest versions corrected this problem?

73/DX Joe, YV5LIX.