CT-User

[ct-user] M2 call entry quirk??

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] M2 call entry quirk??
From: w2ox at fast.net (Alex Aimette)
Date: Wed Apr 2 21:42:19 2003
During the recent wpx test while operating  V47KP  M2  I ran into a
QUIRK??/BUG?? as follows:

I, as STATION 1, entered a call into the callsign entry space and
transmitted the current serial number of that entry--

then waited for the reply serial number so I could enter it into the
serial number field and then hit enter to complete the entry.  BUT

before I received the serial number to complete my entry, STATION 2,
completed its
entry, and my qso jumped one number, so I had to retransmit  the
increased-by-one-serial number again.

I got around this by entering a 0 into the serila number field BEFORE
receving a number from the station called, then hitting enter, then
backing up with 2 strokes to the serial number entry field and entering
the received serial number!!

This was a royal pain!! and destroyed the usually smooth rythmn of
entry!!

It would seem that what should happen is that the serial number at which
a call sign has been entered should be reserved for that Station 1 entry
regardless of what Station 2 does!!

Or am I nuts!!

Alex