CT-User

[ct-user] Keying cable for Icom 751A

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Keying cable for Icom 751A
From: k1ep at arrl.net (Ed Parish K1EP)
Date: Tue Jun 17 09:54:00 2003
Most radios with built in keyers operating in no keyer mode still require a
stereo plug with the keying line connected to the tip and nothing connected to
the other line.  Ground of course to the shield.

At 01:02 PM 6/17/03 +0000, W0YG Charlie Summers wrote:
>Never had a problem making up a cable for keying a rig before but the Icom
>751A is giving me a bit of a problem.  I made up both a serial and a
>parallel cable yet both produce the same results, unintelligible CW!  The
>Icom key input wants to see a three part plug with ring and tip connected to
>the keying circuit.  When I hook the computer to the rig and attempt to test
>a buffer, this is where the problem starts.
>
>Anyone out there seen this before?
>
>73,
>
>Charlie, W0YG..>>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is a PRIVATE communication. This email may
contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the
above-named
recipient. If you have received this in error and you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying is
strictly prohibited. In such case, do not read, copy, or use it, and do not
disclose
it to others. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this
message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.