CT-User

[ct-user] Paddle swap

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Paddle swap
From: k4oj at tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Mon Jun 23 08:23:49 2003
I have a buddy who learned CW backwards - his Elmer taught him wrong so
his thumb is sending the dashes... When my friend used to visit he would
turn the key around backward and place his hand over the top of it to
send... weird... TOO WEIRD, so...

Now when he comes over to operate I have built a small box which has a
double pole switch in it and a "stereo" socket for paddle and a jumper
with plug coming out of it...

When you through the switch it will reverse the dits and dahs... handy
to have around the shack for when someone who sends with the other hand
visits, as well!

Built mine up new in a black plastic box to match the Yaesu gear - about
5 dollars worth of components NEW from Radio Shack - could have built
one from junque box for free... it is simple stuff - even I could figure
out how to wire it and that is saying something!

73,

Jim, K4OJ