CT-User

[ct-user] Upgrade computer strategy

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Upgrade computer strategy
From: kt1v at demop.com (Ted Demopoulos)
Date: Tue Aug 5 14:01:32 2003
Time to start upgrading my motley crew of  486s - they are too old and
the hardware unreliable now.

Replacing my "main" computer first - besides running CT during contests,
I'll probably run the odd windows app and (gasp) even WriteLog for the
tests not supported by CT. I've only run regular CT, never the Windows
version before.

What should I - put Windows 98 on it so I can boot as DOS, something
more modern and setup dual boot (however that done), or just say the
hell with it and run CTWin (and any issues with networking with DOS CT
then?)

Comments/advice?
73
Ted KT1V