CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Cleaned up the CT installation page a little

To: wo2n <wo2n@att.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Cleaned up the CT installation page a little
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:56:13 -0800 (PST)
--- Bernie <wo2n@att.net> wrote:

> I'm  just not clear on how many basic files are needed to run the different
> contests (to many files in my CT subdirectory).

Bernie, there is no simple answer to this.  The files break down like this
(this example is for the DOS version only):

  CT.EXE - program
  RELEASE9.TXT - release notes
  *.DAT - sections files (includes CTY.DAT)
  COMTSR#.EXE - COM port TSRs
  DVPTSR.EXE - DVP TSR
  CT.CFG - default setup (configuration) file
  MULTI.CFG - multi-op setup (configuration file)
( *.CTY - CT8 country files )

There are some other files like OFFICIAL.RAC.  However, if you have all the
above files, you should have a fully functional version of CT.  There is a
complete installation program on the web site which makes this much easier!

> Also how does one combine the .dta files (master.dta)  the callsigns over
> the years I have several I would like to combine into one BIG file to use
> with all tests?

There are some tools by K2MM on the web site (follow  the Master Callsign
link). I don't know if they still work.  Maybe someone who has recently merged
.DTA files can reply to the reflector, I'd be happy to add an application note
to the web site describing where to get the tools and how to do it.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC