CT-User

Re: [ct-user] comtsr problem

To: "William Spickler" <bill@spickler.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] comtsr problem
From: "Mark Bailey" <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 06:18:04 -0500
Hi Bill:

The COMTSR program only knows about IO addresses that are in the
ISA address space.  I believe it can't deal with the PCI addresses.
Some of the PCI cards, notably the ByteRunner PCI200-L, come
with a driver that allows CT to use the PCI serial card under DOS.
The ByteRunner program, vsemuio.exe (I think) basically maps
the PCI addresses on to ISA space and fakes out the IRQ's.
See www.byterunner.com for more information.

CT also relies on the ISA IRQ's, so you have to do this for the IRQ's
as well.

Good luck!  I have fiddled with the ByteRunner card.  It works with
TRLog, which uses the ISA base addresses but doesn't use IRQ's.
I'll try it with CT this weekend...under DOS.

73,

Mark, KD4D