CT-User

[ct-user] K4OJ SK

To: "CT-User Reflecter" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] K4OJ SK
From: "Ken Wolff" <ken@k1ea.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:18:52 -0500
This is from the FOC reflector. I'm bumming out big time.

- Ken

Dear friends:

In September of 2002 K4OJ sat at this computer and wrote a poignant
obituary honoring his father, W1CW, who had died that very morning.

On this afternoon of February 12, 2004, it is my reluctant turn to sit
here and tell you that Jim did not survive yesterday's surgery. ?He left
us about 11:30 a.m. this morning following liver failure after the
somewhat risky heart valve replacement.

Just this past weekend he had a tremendous time operating the FOC
Marathon and producing a splendid accounting of himself. ?This was just
one more achievement during his lifetime of fun in and service to
Amateur Radio and, in particular, the Florida Contest Group of which he
was the first president. ?His operating abilities were manifest and he
almost always the first one to volunteer his help, in spite of his
declining physical abilities.

I know many of you will share my loss.

Ellen, W1YL/4 "ln"