CT-User

[ct-user] Help ! CT won't run with DOS Boot on WIN 98 machine

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Help ! CT won't run with DOS Boot on WIN 98 machine
From: n6ki@juno.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:55:24 -0800
Trying to retire my old 286-66 non Y2K compliant machine

Replaced it with Celeron 333 mHz with 512 Meg Ram

I am NOT booting into Windows as I already set GUI = 0

When I try to launch CT, I get error msg that says

"PROGRAM TOO BIG TO FIT IN MEMORY"

Apparently my config.sys and autoexec.bat is not configured correctly

can anyone tell me what these files should look like
and are these 2 files residing in the C:\    ( Root Directory) ???

I know there is another set of these files in C;\Windows\Command\EBD
but since I am now booting right into DOS, I didn't think these are
causing problem

This is my current CONFIG.SYS in Root Dir

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ANSI.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS /testmem:off
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS
BUFFERS=30,0
STACKS=18,512
FILES=80
LASTDRIVE=E
REM FCBS=4,0
DOS=HIGH,UMB
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\EBD\RAMDRIVE.SYS 1024 512 64 /E
rem DEVICEHIGH /L:1,37520 =C:\PROIIS\SPEED_UP.SYS

I have also tried:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE 4096 RAM

This is current

AUTOEXEC.BAT

C:\WINDOWS\SMARTDRV.EXE A+ C+
@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $p$g
PATH C:\;C:\WINDOWS;C:\UTIL;C:\UTIL\CMFILER
SET TEMP=C:\TEMP
C:\MOUSE\MOUSE
rem C:\DOS\DOSKEY /INSERT
C:\ham\ct10_03\font.exe s