CT-User

Re: [ct-user] R2B10 not working

To: <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] R2B10 not working
From: "Mark Marsden" <MM@plextek.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:52:15 +0100
Hi Jim

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. You're right, I don't have the BIN
file, it was overwritten and lost. When first run R2B10 "complains" about the
lack of the BIN file and then helpfully creates one which is 0 bytes long. When
I run R2B10 again it works on the 0 byte file and creates a big BIN file but
it's broken. Could I send you the files for analysis?

73 Mark G4AXX

--- Mark Marsden <MM@plextek.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm having problems with R2B10.EXE. The version of CT is 10.01.003 and the OS
> is WinXP.  When R2B10.EXE runs it puts up a message mentioning "R2B9".  It
> produces an empty BIN file.  If it's run again after that it produces a
> bigger, but broken, BIN file.

Are you using the tools from the CT10 download page?

There is one secret to R2B tools - the .BIN file must already exist before
running the tool.  It sounds like you have only the .RES file.

Create a new (empty) .BIN file with the same name as the .RES file.  Make sure
it's set up for the correct contest. Then run R2B10 again and it should import
correctly.

If you're still having problems, let me know.

- Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC