CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CTDOS and CTWIN

To: K4FJ@aol.com, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CTDOS and CTWIN
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 19:18:36 -0400
At 04:21 PM 5/30/2004, K4FJ@aol.com wrote:

I have been playing with CTDOS on my new Dell 600M in anticipation of using
it this fall for some Caribbean contesting. The computer uses Win XP and I
am running CT under the Command Prompt.
First of all, if I enter SOUND in the entry window so I can have a sidetone
during the play period, I find that the sound is garbled. I have noticed
exactly the same problem on my Dell desktop which also runs Win XP. I haven't
checked, but I think the actual keying is OK. While this is not an urgent
problem, I am curious if the garble can be eliminated. When I run CTWIN, the
sidetone sound is perfect on either computer.

The actual CW is probably garbled too. You can't run CT for DOS effectively in a MS-DOS prompt under Windows 2K or Windows XP. As you noticed, CTWIN runs perfectly.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC