CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT SO2R Two Computer

To: <n4dd@preferred.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT SO2R Two Computer
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:28:49 -0400
Hi Dennis,

I have used 2 computer/2 radio SO2R for many years.  It is very easy to set
up and use!

Connect the computers to their respective radios via COM1 and to each other
with a NULL MODEM cable via COM 2.

Then set up the CT software for each computer electing Single OP and then
making sure that ONE computer is named STATION 1, and the other computer 2
is named STATION 2.

As long as you use the identical settings in the software (except for
Station 1 and Station 2) AND use the SAME version of CT on both computers,
you should be able to do SO2R as a Single OP with 2 computers and 2 radios
just fine!

I am leaving out a few small steps, but I am assuming that you already know
how to set up CT and do the COMTSR loading and unloading.

73
Bob KQ2M