CT-User

RE: [ct-user] Windows XP and DOS Dual-Boot Status - First Success!

To: kd4d@comcast.net, CT-User@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [ct-user] Windows XP and DOS Dual-Boot Status - First Success!
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:55:14 -0500
Hi Mark,
Specifically which version of Linux are you using to do this? I would like to try it.,
73 Darrell AB2E

From: kd4d@comcast.net
To: CT-User@contesting.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:07:57 +0000

Good day, all:

Doug Freestone, VE5UF, has successfully created a dual-boot system
using the procedure I sent him!  :-)   He is going to continue to
help me improve and clarify the procedure notes.

Also, I wanted to re-iterate that I am using a "Linux Live" CD to
do the partitioning.  This version of Linux runs entirely from the
CD and does not touch the hard disk at all.  All you have to do
to run it is boot the CD, hit a couple of carriage returns, and
then type in "run_qtparted."  You may not even know that
you are running Linux!  :-)  You do not have to install Linux on your
hard disk.  If you follow the procedure, when you are done
your machine will just have DOS 7.1 and Windows XP on it.

73,

Mark, KD4D