CT-User

[ct-user] Newbie here..

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Newbie here..
From: Chaz Cone <chaz@chazcone.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:49:58 -0500
..and I just downloaded Ken's latest effort CTWin 10.02.001 and installed it. Installation went fine but when trying to execute I get TVIcHW32.dll cannot be found (don't hold me to the spelling of the .dll; at least one letter was lowercase and I know it doesn't matter).

Truly, I checked and that file isn't on my system. I run XP home SP2.

I had friend Bill N4NX check his Win98 machine (where he runs an earlier version of 10) and it isn't on his machine either so apparentlly it wasn't needed before.

I understand this ,dll is used for direct control of ports.

It's not included in the ctwin10_.2.zip file either.

So I installed CTW9.92.001 and it works just fine.

So I'm good to go for the ARRL 10M contest w/v9 but I'm interested in the (apparent) value of upgrading to 10. Heck, there probably won't be any 10M propagation anyhow (glass half empty; slap me!)

Thanks!

Chaz, W4GKF