CT-User

[ct-user] Command Line Switches

To: ct-user <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Command Line Switches
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:59:51 -1000
Hi all,

I am setting up a couple of laptops to run category 2A for Field Day. I
have written a CT.CFG file for each station (the only difference in the
two being "Station Number:1" versus "Station Number:2"), and I am using
the -CFG command line switch in my GOFD.BAT file which starts up the
program from the DOS "C:\>" prompt.
I don't know where I learned about the -CFG command line switch, because
I cannot find it in my users manual, and I cannot find it on the web
site list of command line switches. So it occurs to me that there may be
other command line switches that I would like to know about, which are
not on a list that I have seen so far. Can anyone provide me with a more
complete list?

I would like the program to start up with AUTOSAVE turned on
automatically. Can this be done with a line in the CT.CFG file? Or is
there a command line switch, such as "-AUTOSAVE"?

I also need help with one of the laptops, which is borrowed from another
club member. I would like to write a new AUTOEXEC.BAT file that will
boot the computer up directly into DOS, without starting Windows. I have
done this to my own computer, but when I look at the AUTOEXEC.BAT file
in the borrowed laptop it looks nothing like the original AUTOEXEC file
in mine. So I am hesitant to make any changes just yet. Perhaps I need
to change the CONFIG.SYS file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

73 DE N6KB