CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CW keying

To: <k1ep.list@gmail.com>, <K4FJ@aol.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CW keying
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:26:26 -0000
Ed I really hate to disagree with your comments but unfortunately I do. You
said: ""unless your processor speed is fast and nothing else is running.""
I presently have a P4 running XP. When I'm running CTWIN I also have Outlook
Express running checking mail every 20 minutes. I always have GeoClock running,
network program, and my packet software is running whether I'm connected or
not. I have never had 'choppy' CW keying an FT1000MP via the LPT port. Prior to
this computer I had a P2 running 98SE and all the other software. Off the top
of my gray-matter I would suggest trying another interface. Back in the 80's I
had an xsistor go bad in my interface. It was the last place I looked because
it was to easy to blame the computer.
Just a thot....73

MAL               N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia