CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Country File post-CQ WPX update - KL4A

To: 'Jim Reisert AD1C' <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>,ct-user@contesting.com, na-user@contesting.com, trlog@contesting.com,writelog@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org, cq-contest@contesting.com,n1mmlogger@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Country File post-CQ WPX update - KL4A
From: John W2iD <w2id@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:20:23 -0500
True - KL4A was operating from the W2ID station in NY for 5 hours of the
contest. It was a spur of the moment decision to have a little fun.

No portable designation was used since the DX entity was not a multiplier.

I had asked some stations on the air when I first got on, but made the
mistake of not reading the rules carefully enough myself. I checked just
now, and I see that rule VII(a) says, "A station operating from a DXCC
country different from that indicated by its callsign is required to sign
portable."
So I should have signed KL4A/WQ2 or something like that.

I assume the score is invalid, but I will send it in as a checklog.

I also hadn't thought about the fact that this would affect the QSO points
claimed by the software. I'm sorry all for any inconvenience this caused. I
assume the sponsor should make the correction in the scoring when they see
that the station was in NY. Hopefully the mult will still stick for the 600
or so stations that I worked.

73,

John W2iD
Trustee for KL4A

p.s. This email may get rejected by those lists for which I am not a member.
I think I am only a subscriber on ct-user and cq-contest, so please forward
this info to the others if appropriate. Thanks Jim.