CT-User

[ct-user] New version of CT to ADIF coming - comments?

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] New version of CT to ADIF coming - comments?
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:34:20 -0400
I'm getting ready to release a new version of CT to ADIF.  Here are
the new features:

1.  There is a new "-pfx" argument to write the WPX prefix for the
callsign to the ADIF file.
     Someone requested this because their program doesn't determine
the prefix on import.

2.  There is a new "-id" argument to write the CONTEST_ID
field.  There are three options:

     * no -id argument means no CONTEST_ID field will be written

     * -id argument (by itself) means an ADIF-compatible CONTEST_ID
field will be written.
       See http://www.adif.org/adif217.htm#Contest%20ID

     * -id <name> uses the name specified as the CONTEST_ID.  Make
sure to use "quotes"
       if there are spaces in the name.

     NOTE: this replaces the old functionality where CONTEST_ID was
set to the CT name of
     the contest (in all cases).

3.  Added support for abbreviations used in the 7-Land QSO
Party.  These will be converted
     to legal ST,County values for the CNTY ADIF field, as long as
you logged them using the
     NEQP contest mode.  If you are operating from inside 7-Land,
there will be some ambiguity
     because CT only accepts the first 4 letters of the
abbreviation.  The program will display
     a warning when this occurs, and you may have to manually fix
your log after importing.

4.  In ARRL DX (from the DX side), DC is not a state, it's converted
to MD (Maryland).

5.  Fixed a random program crash.

6.  Typing the program name by itself brings up more helpful "Help" text.

I could use some help testing the new features.  If anyone's
interested, drop me a line.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us