CT-User

[ct-user] How to get CT.CFG used at startup?

To: ct-user <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] How to get CT.CFG used at startup?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:58:12 -1000
Hi all,

I am trying to get ready for ARRL 160 test. I'm using CT 9.84. I'm am
trying to get the system to start up with all the appropriate
selections; contest type, section, cw messages, etc. using the ct.cfg
file. I'm pretty sure I've done this before, but I can't seem to make it
work. If I have a .BIN file of the right name with all that stuff
entered it works fine. I was under the impression I could write a CT.CFG
file to load all that stuff, and with no .BIN file CT would start using
all the stuff in the CT.cfg file if it is in the same directory that
ct.exe is in.

Is there a command line switch such as -cfg that needs to be in my batch
file to make this work? I cannot find any reference to -cfg s a command
line switch.

What I am trying to do is get my system ready with a .bat file so I can
type "GOARRL" at the c:\> command prompt, and the directory will change,
the comtsrs will load and ct will start using the ct.cfg file. I want to
try everything, and then when it all works delete the ARRL06.BIN (that
is what I am calling it) file, so that all my bogus test QSO dissappear.
When I do this, even though I have a CT.CFG file that says contest type=
AR160, it starts up in some other multiband contest mode on 20 meters.

I must be forgetting something, and I haven't found it in the documentation.

Thanks,

Ken N6KB
..