CT-User

Re: [ct-user] TS480 question

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,CT-USER@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [ct-user] TS480 question
From: Peter Reed <p.l.reed@sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 13:58:48 +0100
Bud,

Many thanks for your reply. I don't actually have a 480 - just thinking of
getting one and was wondering about using it with CT as it is not listed.
As others have suggested, it will probably work fine using another
configuration but I was curious if anyone had actually got it working OK
with CT - still my preferred logging software!

Peter

--On 02 April 2007 12:25 +0000 W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
wrote:

> Peter Reed wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know whether ct v10 will support the TS480, please?
>>
>> The 480 is not listed in the "Radio" setup section but maybe another
>> radio's configuration will work with the 480.
>>

> Peter --
>
> I own a TS-480, but have not yet had an opportunity to run it with CT or
> CT-Win.
>
> I would suggest, in the absence of other recommendations, that you try
> running it with the TS-950 or TS-2000 settings.  If anything, the TS-480
> is likely to be a superset of either of those since it is the newest of
> three models and is heavily into computer control of the rig's functions.
>
> Bud, W2RU

Peter Reed,
Computing and Electronics Support,
Sussex University,