CT-User

[ct-user] MSCVP71.DLL

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] MSCVP71.DLL
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:15:53 -0500
On Nov 8, 2008, at 4:59 AM, poldo wrote:

> I installed CTWIN 10.04 on my Windows 98 2SE
> Unfortunately CTWIN did not run because a windows says "file
> MSCVP71.DLL
> missing"
> I unistalled CTWIN and downloaded from Internet the file.DLL missing
> and
> copied it on several folders (Windows/System/System32...)
> Then I reinstalled CTWIN but CT still does not run and I have always
> the
> same reply "MSCVP71.DLL missing
> What is wrong ??
> Ed

I had to find and install *two* such files; as I recall, one was
MSCVP71.dll, and the other was very similar -- maybe MSCVT71.dll.

After I put those two files in my Windows\System32 folder, I was able
to start CTWin 10.04.

Then I had *other* problems, trying to get 10.04 to run full screen (I
think Alt-Enter misbehaved), so I went back to 10.03 for CW SS.