CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Bandmap not Working with CTDOS in WIN 95 Laptop

To: "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Bandmap not Working with CTDOS in WIN 95 Laptop
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 21:22:38 -0800
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now can anyone tell me why after I change the MSDOS.SYS file
> from GUI=1 to GUI=0 ( Yes I did change it from a Read only file to read
> file
> in properties)
> the computer refuses to boot sgtraight into DOS when I cold boot ???

GUI=0?  In msdos.sys it should say

BootGUI=0

and you also should do:

attrib +h +s +r msdos.sys

after editing it.

See http://www.contesting.com/articles/235 for more details.

If, after rebooting, it seems to be changed back to BootGUI=1 then the file
is being replaced, possibly during the boot process.  Search the hard disk
for MSDOS.DOS or similar and edit that file.

73,
Bob, N6TV