CT-User

Re: [ct-user] How to put K5D into the CTY file

To: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] How to put K5D into the CTY file
From: Richard <w3rj@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:06:50 -0500
Jim,

I looked at these files.  As I attempted on my own, they simply add the
letters K5D to those listed under the KP5 entity.  Doing this will
result in logging all real USA calls beginning with K5D, like K5DA,
K5DSS, as KP5 and not USA.  This is exactly what I want to avoid.  Is
there a way of listing the exact call K5D and only K5D under the KP5
listing to avoid this problem.

There also exists the problem that in the future when the call K5D is
re-assigned to a US based special events station CT will forever be
unable to correctly classify its entity.

Rich W3RJ