CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Savelog & Autosave

To: Henry Eveland <kc2ta@verizon.net>, CT Reflector <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Savelog & Autosave
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:09:58 -0800
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Henry Eveland <kc2ta@verizon.net> wrote:

> With the savelog and autosave commands, CT save directly to A:\.
> Unfortunately, the new computer in the shack - a hand-me-down P4 does not
> have a floppy drive.  How does one change the default drive to which
> savelog
> & autosave are tied?

Try the DOS "substitute" command before starting CT, e.g.

SUBST A: C:\temp

Then when CT writes to "A: disk" the files will actually be written to drive
C: in the *temp* directory, or anywhere else that you like (a second hard
disk would be the best place).  The directory must exist before you run
SUBST.

SUBST /D

deletes the drive mapping (but not the files, they remain in C:\temp).

SUBST

with no arguments lists the current substitute drive letter mappings, if
any.

73,
Bob, N6TV