CT-User

[ct-user] CT for NAQP ALERT

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CT for NAQP ALERT
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chasshaw@leaco.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 19:50:02 +0000
Hi,
         If you used CT for the NAQP CW test be aware that although
your  .ALL   file will show the North American countries (entities)
correctly, the  .LOG  (Cabrillo) file generated by the program will
not correctly identify the north American countries.  This includes
KP4's, KP2's, XE's and others.  They will probably be identified only
as "DX" in your Cabrillo if your program is like my latest version of CTWin.

         It can be a pain, but I went through my .CBR and adjusted
the "DX" to XE, etc. manually using Notepad.

         For reference see the recent "NAQP Logging Guidance" where
Bruce reminds us:
"For North American countries, other than the US and Canada, use the
standard ARRL DXCC entity prefixes. Other abbreviations are
acceptable as long as they unambiguously designate the QTH.  . . .. A
blank or "DX" for the copied QTH is only acceptable for logging QSOs
with stations outside of North America."
         I hope you had fun, and thanks for the QSO's.  HNY.

73,
Chas - N5UL
Hobbs, NM