CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT WIN and WIN XP

To: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>, "ct-user@contesting.com" <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT WIN and WIN XP
From: Dan Z <k2ywe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 06:33:58 -0800 (PST)
I have been using CTWin on old machines under XP for many years without any
problems.

Questions:

1) How well and reliably does CT WIN run on WIN XP?
I have had no problems stand-alone and with two networked machines.

2) Does it matter if the two computers have difference
versions of XP?  XP Home vs. XP Pro?
I don't think so.  I have done it both wys.

3) What are the commands that I would use to network
the two computers?
Simply use the -enet switch when you start CT.  No TSRs nothing else.  Specify
different station numbers in the setup screen (as in DOS),

4) Would I set up a config file similar to CTConfig.sys which
we used in CT DOS?
I think you can.  It;s been so long I don;t remember, but it must be so since
my new coessts come pre-filled with my info.

5) In what path/subdirectory on the computer would I place the config file for
CT?
All the files need to be in the same directory as the executable.

6) Are the networking commands different if I use real serial ports instead
of USB ports?  Does CT WIN support both serial and USB ports?
CTWin uses serial ports (and the parallel).  You need a simple converter to use
the USB ports.  I have one that gives me four serial prots from one USB
connection. You cna use both the USB virtual and serial hardware ports

7) Does CT WIN support Keying through the LPT port in WIN XP?
Yes, same.

8) What do you use to take the place of the DVP?  Are you able to
access some of its functions through your keyboard?  If you are able to
access them, how do you set that up??
Don't know.  Never had one.  You could use wav files in the compouter with an
audio program, but I'm not sure you could ties them to CT.

I am sure that there are other relevant questions that I have not asked,
but these are the obvious ones that I can think of for now.
I can't think of any.

Thanks in advance for your help and interest!

73

Bob Shohet, KQ2M