CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CW with USB to serial adapter

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CW with USB to serial adapter
From: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:40:11 -0500
Hi Dick,

Unfortunately, CTWin only keys through the LPT port.
Not sure if any USB to LPT adapters work.  Sorry.

Maybe someone else has more information.

73,
Bob
K3PH

On 1/11/2014 2:58 PM, Dick NY1E wrote:
I am trying to send cw with my laptop, always used LPT and W1WEF interface with
my desktop. I have a USB to serial adapter that comes up as com 5, but CT for
win only goes to com 4. Can the adapter be changed to 4 somehow? Can I get an
adapter that comes up as com 1-4?  It works with my regular logging program
that can select com 5..
Thanks, Dick NY1E