[Karlnet] Karlnet Wish List

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Karlnet Wish List
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 22:41:21 -0400
I was thinking it might be useful to provide Karlnet with a wishlist.  Mine
is rather small as I'm just getting started...

1) Support for OSPF.  No ISP I know uses RIP or RIP-2.  It is too chatty...
which is horrible for wireless enviroments.  OSPF on the otherhand is very
bandwidth friendly and is basically the standard.

2) Better results messages.  Best example I can give is when trying to open
a remote config that fails....  the reason for the failure is the same
regardless of the problem.  It could be a password problem, it could be the
host couldn't be reached.  Many other examples of this throughout the
software.

3) Monitor for wirless ports that are not necessarily connected.  I'm
putting up a new A/P, and I would really like not to use yet another piece
of software to determine which frequency is best for a particular wireless
port.  Why can't I have the Analyze pull down include a meter that displays
signals on a frequency regardless of origin?  Maybe even display it to a
graph over a period of time.

4) Better operation of config under enviroments with multiple network
connections.  I have 4 network connections in my notebook, and I can't
connect to an A/P unless I disable all of the connections but the one that
is doing the connecting.  This is just plain wrong.  Give me an opportunity
to tell you which connection I'm using.

Bill