[Karlnet] Wish List: One more (biggie)

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Wish List: One more (biggie)
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:17:05 -0400
I would like to MARKET my services as 1.4Mbps async maximum.  I obviously
can't do this for everyone all of the time, or my network would come to a
grinding hault.

HOWEVER...  If TurboCell supported either:

1) SIMPLE   2 rates of bandwidth which could be assigned to some number of
assigned periods of time.

Example:  After 11:00pm local and weekends, I would let everyone open up to
1.5Mbps because network traffic is low.  I'm therefore living up to my claim
of 1.5Mbps maximum throughput, and still keeping a handle on my network
during peak times.

2) HARDER   Turbocell senses the load on the network and applies automated
bandwidth mangagent based on some constants that the WISP supplies.

Example:  Maximum bandwidth available:  1.5Mbps
          Customer Max Bandwidth:  Per customer

Turbocell then dynamically allocates bandwidth based on the maximum
bandwidth available and the maximum bandwidth per customer.  Higher
bandwidth customers being allocated more of the pipe.

Hope that made sense.

Bill