Re: [Karlnet] Anyone see anything glaringly wrong here?

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Anyone see anything glaringly wrong here?
From: "Norm Young" <npyoung@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 20:55:55 -0700
The problem was the wireless pass phrase was not set correctly.  I didn't
even know it existed.  I do now.

But now I can bridge, but setting NAT on the SR-4000 seems to not work.

 (Again, I'm sure it's settings.)  The SR-4000 license is setup for one
NATed IP, so I'm assuming that you Enable Outgoing NAT and the DHCP Server,
(Bridging off) then set the Public IP to the public address of the radio,
mask to match your subnet, then set up a Private IP (10.1.7.100), and a
Private IP Mask.  And this is the question area.  Since the SR-4000 license
supports only one NATed IP, does the Private IP Mask need to be able to mask
off one IP only?  Impossible, correct?  The smallest mask is 255.255.255.252
(2 address subnet).  Anyway, I set to 255.255.255.252.  Under DHCP Server
setup I set:

Offered IP Starting Address: 10.1.7.101
Offered IP Ending Address:   10.1.7.101
Default Router Address:        10.1.7.100  (Private IP of the RG)
Default Router Mask:            255.255.255.252

And then filled in the DNS server addresses with our DNS servers.  And then
told the client Ethernet card to automatically get and IP and DNS.  (Which
it did, getting assigned 10.1.7.101.)  I can ping devices on our subnet, and
devices outside, but surfing (DNS problem, correct?) nada.

Again, anything just hop out at anyone that has got this running?

Norm