Re: [Karlnet] Security: APII, CPE and laptop

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Security: APII, CPE and laptop
From: Scott Stevens <scott@scottstevens.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:07:44 -0600
On 5/22/02 2:24 PM, "wireless@peake.com" <wireless@peake.com> wrote:

> I keep reading in the trade rags about the lack of security with 802.11b.
> With KarlNet what should I do so that only the CPEs and PCMCIA cards I
> authorize can access the APII?
>
> Thanks
> Chris
> Find your next antenna site at
> www.cehconsulting.biz

The nice thing about Karlnet is that it does the CHAP auth (one way) to get
o the network, and if that does not match no data.  Can't sniff it either.
MAC/IP/Protocol filtering...

--
Scott Stevens
800-815-4682

orders@scottstevens.net
support@scottstevens.net
"Lucent, Karlnet, Alvarion, SmartBridge, Panels, Grids,
Towers, WMUX, Wi-LAN, Licensed, WaveRider, Know How, ..."