[Karlnet] Lessons Learned Week of 6/17/2002

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Lessons Learned Week of 6/17/2002
From: "Bill Fisher" <fisher@akorn.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:11:36 -0400
1 - When you save a config file to an AP-1000, don't reset it or reboot it
again until the box has fully rebooted.  If you do reset it, you will get to
enjoy reloading the bin again.

2 - 100mw Prism 2.0 cards don't work in AP-1000's.  Blame Agere.  Maybe
because both Tony and Doug know that nobody from Agere will defend
themselves here.  :)

3 - Need to know if your TC unit can ping another destination?  Download the
engineering version of the configurator.  It has a ping-fill test that can
be used for this function.  Personally, I would like to see the configurator
have a simple ping utility that simply responded "Alive" or "Failed" like my
trusty PM3.

4 - If you can do a wireless link test, but can not pass traffic...

   A) Make sure the system pass phrase is the same on both units.
   B) Make sure the network ids on both units match.
   C) Make sure you aren't denying your partner in the TurboCell Access List
setup.
   D) Make sure you read Routing for Idiots.  Five times.  Then buy the
books on tape version.

Bill