RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet loads in an AP200 or AP2000?

To: "'karlnet@WISPNotes.com'" <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet loads in an AP200 or AP2000?
From: "Water, Cor van de (Cor)" <water@agere.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:59:24 +0100
Ian Hastie asked:
>>>Just trying to sort out the platform options for the next 6-12 months.

Doug Harman responded:
>> The word we hear about the RG and the AP is they will be
>> around for 6 to 12 months.
>> If they aren't then there are several boards we've found that can
>> be used in their place.  Also in 6 to 12 months there will also be
>> the new and improved RG/AP design with faster CPUs, designed to
>> handle the higher output radios, industrial chipsets, and PoE.
>> So bottom line there are going to be many many more options by the
>> time those two reach end of life.

hfl-lists answered:
> Does this mean that Orinoco will not be using the AP/AS-2000 to
> replace the AP-1000?
> It always looked to me that it was an AP-1000 w/ bigger/faster
> proc in it.  Not so?
> What is Orinoco planning on doing with it's COR/ROR line then?

Ian, others,

PROXIM is planning to continue with all OriNOCO product lines,
including the Outdoor Routers!
And should there come a time where either customer demand has
dried up and/or components are not available anymore to build
these units, then we will give the market an advance notification,
I think several of our partners need this 12 months in advance.

So you can continue using OR's - we just released R4.00 S/W on
the Outdoor product line, showing our commitment to support
this product line and the Karlnet polling protocol.

Kind regards,

Cor van de Water
Sr System Engineer & TC
Radio Backbone Systems Team
Agere Systems
Email: water@agere.com   Priv: cor_van_de_water@dolfijn.nl
Tel:   +31 30 609 7563   Web:  http://www.cvandewater.com
Fax:   +31 30 609 7556   GSM:  +31 655 166 724
Who needs UMTS anyway when you can have ORiNOCO wireless?