[Karlnet] Kismet

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Kismet
From: "Travis Brown" <travis@netwaveva.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:35:56 -0400

I saw some disturbing text on the Kismet list about the author(s) beginning to receive info from Kismet users about Karlnet including packet dumps containing Karlnet traffic.

Apparently, they are going to push now to identify and decode Karlnet packets along with regular WiFi traffic. So far, from what I've seen, it won't be too hard, as a Linux-head friend of mine was able to decode the names of all of my Karlnet bases (SSIDs) and dig into the packets for info.

Does this bother anyone besides me?

Travis
--
? M. Travis Brown, MCSE