[Karlnet] Directx7 gaming and Traceroutes not working

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] Directx7 gaming and Traceroutes not working
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:56:56 -0600
I am using 4.27 SR-4100's on RG-1000's in Nat mode.  I cannot do a
traceroute from the ethernet side of one of any of these RG's.  It shows the
wireless (external) ip and then just gives me * *'s until I stop it.  Why?

Also,
A customer just sent me an email stating that they are having problems
playing some games across the Internet.  The sent me a troubleshooting
document from Microsoft showing what ports on the firewall need to be open
to enable the Internet features of the game.

Here they are:
Connection Ports for Client Configuration Ports for Host Configuration
Initial TCP Connection 47624 Outbound 47624 Inbound
Subsequent TCP Inbound 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent TCP Outbound 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent UDP Inbound 2300-2400 2300-2400
Subsequent UDP Outbound 2300-2400 2300-2400

It looks like maybe I need to do a static inbound nat to his PC to get this
working?  I would have thought that it would just work on it's own.  I can
forward the entire document to somebody if they would like to read it.

Any ideas?

-bob