[Karlnet] bandwidth monitoring on the 802.11 interface

Subject: [Karlnet] bandwidth monitoring on the 802.11 interface
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:29:32 -0600
Ok, so I decided to try the bandwidth management on my RG's.  I really only
wanted to limit bandwidth on the upload as I've got a mikrotik box limiting
both now...just thought I'd help it out on the outgoing traffic since the RG
should handle this well.

However, what I've found is that by setting a value (say 300K) on the
802.11b interface...it affects both ingoing  and outgoing traffic.  It
seemed the higher above 256K I raised this value (280, 300, 450,..etc) the
more my download would exceed the upload speed.  What is the deal with this?
I even tried to set the ethernet speed at 2000Kbps ...just for kicks.  I
didn't make a bit of a difference.

I'm running 4.27 on this RG.

-Bob