Re: [Karlnet] radio mute?

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] radio mute?
From: "Caleb Carroll" <karlnet@pathcom.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:50:32 -0700
Hi Darko,

I ran into a similar problem when I tried to use Avaya Silver PC cards in
RG-1100's.  The RG-1100's operated flawlessly for about a month and then all of
a sudden, they started dying on us.  The solution: We started replacing the
Avaya Silver Cards with Orinoco Gold Cards, The RG-1100's would come back
online immediately after swapping the Silver card out.

More info:
  - The second indicator light from the top (wireless connection indicator)
will be solid orange.  See attached photo.
  - Not all of the RG-1100's with Avaya Silver cards have failed.  We still
have 34 customers with these cards in their RG-1100 and they are still
operating properly.
  - Oddly enough, the Avaya Silver cards that were removed from the RG-1100's
still function properly when plugged into a computer but does not work in any
RG-1100!
  - We are using SR-4100 v4.31

Suggestion:
  - Try swapping out the Orinoco Silver card in your RG-1100 with another Card.