[Karlnet] Intro ( PRISM AP mode again )

To: karlnet@wispnotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Intro ( PRISM AP mode again )
From: Peter Dordik <dordik@presov.viapvt.sk>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:34:48 +0100
I thinked, that this discusion will result to some explanation why 802.11b AP
mode do es not work with PRISM2, 2.5, 3 cards and next to solution (recomended
firmware of PCMCIA cards), but i was too naive.

It is not overheating .

I have same results like with RG1100 (SR4200) and PC (SV4305 and SV4200 for
Compact flash).
I tried 100 mw PRISM 2.5 card and 30mw PRISM 2 card. Same result. Turbocell ->
OK,  AP mode ->  freeze

So, I think, that it is BUG - PRISM cards do es not work in AP mode (Karlnet
4.31) .

I will be glad, if Karlnet will do better tests. I lost too much time and
nerves.

May be i am wrong and with certain PRISM firmware is everything OK. In this case
i need some number. Somewhere in Release notes will be best.

Regards
                Peter